- Flour 180g / 1.44 cups
- Cocoa powder 25g / 0.16 cup
- Sugar 200g / 1 cup ? 470 kcal
- Baking powder 1 tsp ? 156 kcal
- Salt ? tsp ? 1 kcal
- Oil 80ml / 2.7oz
- Vanilla Extract ? tsp
- hot water 240ml / 8.1oz
- White vinegar 1 tbsp
- Cocoa syrup
- hot water 80ml / 2.7oz
- Cocoa 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp ? 470 kcal
- Vanilla Extract ? tsp
- Powdered sugar 45g / 0.37 cup
- Cocoa 2 tbsp
- Peanut butter 240g
Vegan Chocolate cake is as tasty, moist, and fluffy as any classic chocolate cake recipe, without any dairy or eggs! This is the best recipe to celebrate a birthday or any occasion with friends, vegan or not.
This veg Chocolate Cake gets plenty of moisture from one key step: you’ll poke holes all over the top of the cake and fill them in with a sweet chocolatey mixture, which seeps into all of the spongy nooks an crannies of your cake. This, combined with a creamy peanut butter frosting, makes the most decadent and dense vegan cake you’ve ever tried.
What Is Vegan Cake Made With?
This cake is milk-free and free of eggs and all other dairy products. It is not gluten-free, however. The cake batter is made with all-purpose flour.
How To Make A Veg Chocolate Cake
In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt with a wire whisk.
Add vanilla extract, white vinegar, oil, and water and mix until smooth.
Pour the cake batter into a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Poke the top of the cake with holes all over. In a measuring cup, combine water, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cake?so it gets into all of the holes.
Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and sift in cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Stir to combine. Fold in peanut butter until smooth.
Spread the peanut butter frosting over the top of the cake. Slice and serve!
- Be sure to line your cake pan with parchment paper to easily remove the cake after baking.
- Let the cake cool fully before you poke holes or frost the cake.?Use creamy, not chunky peanut butter to make the frosting. Otherwise, the top of your cake will look lumpy instead of smooth.
How Long Can I Store Vegan Chocolate Cake?
The cake is best enjoyed the day it’s made. However, you can cover the cake and store it on the counter for one day. Or keep it in the fridge for up to four days. For longer storage, cover the cake tightly with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to three months. Let the frozen cake defrost overnight before serving.
Can I Freeze A Vegan Chocolate Cake?
Yes, freeze a well-wrapped vegan chocolate cake for up to three months. If you slice the cake first and store individual slices, you can warm them in the microwave before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C).
- Cake: In a large bowl, put flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix.Add vegetable oil, vanilla, hot water and vinegar. Mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 ° F (180 ° C) for 18-25 minutes.
- Cocoa syrup: Place hot water, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla in a jug. Stir.
- Poke holes all over the cake. Pour cocoa syrup slowly on to the cake. Leave it at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the cake to cool and absorb all the liquid.
- Cream: In a medium bowl, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder. Add peanut butter and mix with a spatula until smooth. Spread the icing evenly over the cake.